Insider TA Internet Update
Insider TA versions 6.x and higher have the ability to download the latest updates automatically. Follow these steps:
- Connect to the Internet.
- If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, make sure you start Insider TA running as administrator. Most Windows users know how this is done, but if you don't then follow these directions.
- After starting Insider TA, pulldown the "Internet" option. Then select "Check-in & download Insider TA updates".
- When the Internet Update window appears, look at the bottom of that dialog and see if there is a "Passive Mode" checkbox. If there is, put a checkmark in that box. You always need to be in passive mode to download any updates. Now click the "Get Updates" button.
- If recent updates are found on the server that you do not have, then downloading will commence automatically. Afterwards, you will be prompted to exit the program and then restart Insider TA to install the updates. (For Windows Vista and Windows 7 users, don't forget to run Insider TA as administrator one more time -- this is necessary for the updates to be successfully unpacked).
Important: When restarting Insider TA to install the update(s), make sure you click the icon for the StartInsiderTA.exe program. This is the icon your CD installation should have set up on your desktop, as well as in your Start|Programs tree. Simply running the base engine ita6pro.exe (or ita6std.exe) will not install the updates. Running InsiderTA.exe will do everything for you seamlessly!
- Applicable to Pro/Std/Demo versions:
Prior to the Insider TA v6.1 Build 13 release on 16-Oct-2012, the Insider TA Internet Update dialog had a "Passive Mode" checkbox that gave you the option to run the updates downloading process regardless of what this checkbox was set to. With our new server environment which went live on that same day, you MUST have the "Passive Mode" checkbox checked on. If you don't do this, then the program would appear to "hang" with no response from the sever.
- Applicable to Pro/Std versions:
Because Insider TA is installed into the Windows "C:\Program Files" (or "C:\Program Files (x86)" for 64-bit systems), file restrictions will prevent the Internet Update process from functioning unless you run the Insider TA program as Administrator.
The Insider TA software will NEVER collect any of your personal data or your usage patterns. We also NEVER install 3rd party software or access information on your hard drive. The Internet Update process happens solely to ensure that your copy of Insider TA is up-to-date. At Stock Blocks, we find spyware to be reprehensible and are committed to protecting the privacy of all of our users.
For more information, refer to our Privacy Statement.