If you are new to Insider TA, then refer to the program
You might also find various reviews of Insider
TA to be of interest.
Note:: Insider TA versions 6.1 and 6.0 are functionally similar to version 5.4. The program has undergone
numerous internal changes for better compatibility with Vista, and subsequently with Windows 7. Future versions can now be implemented
more easily. All users of Insider TA 5.4 Pro and Std can upgrade to version 6.1 for free by using the
Internet Update facility.
- Box Charting (Equivolume), Candlestick, Candle Volume charting modes,
and Point & Figure (with exclusive "zoom-to-region" popup
- Live-action animated graphical viewport enables you to stretch, compress,
and zoom your box charts on demand. This technique adds
new dimension to Equivolume-styled charting, allowing you to thoroughly
exploit all of it's analytical benefits.
- My Bookmarks list for quick access to stocks you
view most often.
- Customizable skins to change the "look & feel" of Insider
TA to your liking.
- A new semi-log plotting ability was added.
- An Internet Update facility
that automatically downloads and installs Insider TA updates.
- Free email-based subscription options for Update Notifications,
and Software Tips.
- Able to read CSI data.
- Able to read TeleChart 2005/2007 and TC2000
Version 4.x/5.x database, with options to input your favorite Watch
Lists into the File Entry Panel. Insider TA can also
read TC2000's earlier version
3 "NDX" data files.
- Able to read Metastock data.
- Any to read from any data provider that can export their proprietary
data to either ASCII or Metastock format.
- Several enhancements to the File
Scan Utility, including a new parameter -- the BAYld(S/O) ratio
-- that measures the effectiveness of the Box Analyzer's buy
and sell tags over time.
- The ability to "group" boxes (i.e., plot every cluster of x-boxes
as a single entity, where x=2..20). Some prefer to add
a 2nd and 3rd view to all their stock graphs with a box grouping of
5 and 20. This effectively displays daily data in weekly and monthly
styles- often an insightful advantage.
- Able to store up to 10 views for
- The ability to setup default
views of many display functions.
- Maximum data capacity can be increased to 2600 entries.
- The ability to show Date Marker Lines for mapping out the "time
domain" of your data.
- Enhanced drawing tools (Range Rulers and Consolidation Markers)
can now be manipulated on screen. By popular demand, we have
also introduced Trend Lines and Trend Channels to the program.
- Consolidation Mapping now includes a percentage of either the total
float or shares outstanding. These data items must
first be manually entered into the Fundamentals Database.
- Adjustable graph segment heights (for Box Chart, BA Graph,
VA Rank Graph, Point & Figure, and Volume Graph) allows easy manipulation
- Percent yields from either the Box Analyzer or VA Rank functions
can reflect not only long positions (buy-then-sell tag order),
but also short positions (sell-then-buy tag order). The new
Pro Version's Stoploss Mechanism acts
- A floating "stay on top" Quick Pick window that lets you
select other stocks without having to return to the File Entry Panel or File
Scan Utility window.
- A segmented Data Legend appears beneath the viewport for
displaying box data currently pointed to by a new mouse-controlled
floating vertical hairline cursor - data is seen instantly on
- Print graphs at your printer's resolution
- Additional reporting windows that provide statistical feedback on
the Box Analyzer and VA Rank calls.